Monday 10 November 2014

Photography lesson (media)



In today's lesson, three students from our class delivered a presentation to the class about photography that would help us take better images for my school magazine. 
They showed us different types of photographs that could be used.

OVEREXPOSED
Overexposed is when a image has too much light resulting in the image being unclear.
In the image that I have provided you can see that there is too much light in picture making there faces seem less detailed.
 I will not be using this technique because it will make the image that I am using look unclear.
This is also unsuitable for the type of magazine that I will making because it will look unrealistic.



    UNDEREXPOSED 
Underexposed is when a image has very little light.
 From the example of a underexposed image you can see that the woman's facial features are unclear. 
This image also looks dull which is not the type of image students would like to see on the front of a school magazine. 
This technique is unsuitable for the magazine that I will be creating.

          


DEPTH OF FIELD  

Depth of field is when the closest object towards the camera lens is in focus and the background is blurred. This technique is suitable for a school magazine because it will make the magazine look more modern and may appeal more to younger students. This is the type of image that I will looking to use but without the leaf. 
This image will make my magazine front cover look professional and eye catching.




UNFOCUSED

A unfocused image is something I would want to avoid because it makes the image unclear and looks unprofessional. 
As you can see from the image that I have used as an example it is very hard to see his facial features in detail making it very hard for the audiences to interact with image. 
This is the of image that I would not want to use in my front cover.
 It is unsuitable and very unclear.


FOCUS
 A focus image is when the image that is taken is clear allows the viewer to easily identify what is in the image. This is a suitable image to use because it  shows the woman's facial features in detail and it looks realistic. 
This is the ideal image to be used in my front cover for my magazine.

After learning most of the theory that is needed to take fantastic images I had to apply that to the images that I took during the lesson.






As you can see from the pictures that I have taken, I have used several techniques such as focus and unfocused I realized that taking the image at a higher height than he is standing creates a better effect than taking the image at the same height as him.
I have taken photos of one student in our class, from the information that I gained I was able to change the shutter speed. 
By changing the shutter speed I was able to allow more light into the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment