Tuesday 21 April 2015

Content to be included in my magazine

I will be deciding what will be included in my magazine for the front cover, contents page and the double page spread. I will also be making decisions on the different type of images I will be including in my magazine. I will start by thinking of ideas for my front cover which I can then use for my contents page and double page spread. The genre I will be talking about in my magazine is Hip-Hop as I will be Hip-Hop based magazine.  The content that I will be including in my magazine will be real Hip-Hop artist such as meek mill, young thug and the game. I have chosen to use these artist as it is a Hip-Hop magazine that I will be creating.

Front Cover
From the research that I conducted the most common feature that I found on the front cover of Hip-Hop magazines was interviews and articles about the artist. On the front cover of my magazine I will be exploiting some of the contents that will be included inside the magazine. The main headline that will be included on the front cover of the magazine will be focusing on my double page spread.
Another popular feature that I discovered from doing my research was album reviews. If I include album reviews it will be about Hip-Hop content such as mainstream rappers. I will also be including a promotion as it is becoming a common feature in other Hip-Hop magazines. From looking at other front cover mastheads I have concluded that the name of my front cover will be called The Switch. I have decided to call my magazine The Switch because it is an original name and it sounds quite modern. This name that I have chosen to use for my magazine will stand out compared to other Hip-Hop magazines because of the fact that it is a unique name. I have also noticed that most Hip-Hop based magazines has the word 'The' in it. I have used this feature when I was thinking of the name 'The Switch'. 
The next stage was too come up with main headlines and cover stories for my front cover. From doing my research I was able to see that most magazine front covers in this genre used only pull quotes and the artists name. From this I started to come up with main headlines that will fit the conventions of a Hip-Hop magazine.

Contents Page
When developing the contents page there will be some difference between it and the front cover as the headlines will not really be the same. From my research a contents page needs to include around 100 pages. I will need to consider this when looking at the contents and choosing my sub- headings for the contents page. Images that are going to be included will need need to be big, maybe taking up most of the page. I will be listing the different features that are going to be included in my magazine. All of the information that I will be including in my magazine will be made up. The contents page will have to fit the code and conventions of a Hip-hop based magazine.

Double Page Spread
For my double page spread I will be creating a fictitious story based on a rapper known as 'Big Ibz' I will also be including a main image of the rapper. This image will be taking up one page of my double page spread. The article of the rapper will be focusing on a tragic incident and the return of the rapper. The name 'Big Ibz' came from the lyrics of a song I was listening too. This name of the rapper fits the code and conventions of this genre. From the rappers name the audience can already have a image in there head developing of what the rapper looks and sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment